Alter Template Folders in the Work Binders Created for Next Period
Production Work Binders can be created by rolling a Work Binder forward, or by adding Work Binder(s) from Templates.
A Binder Template folder cannot be deleted if a Work Binder based on that template has a document in a folder you wish to delete. You'll know if this is true because the system will not allow you to delete it. When this happens you can:
What ever the template is, alter it by adding zz_ DO NOT USE to the beginning of the binder name
You could additionally add the years used at the end of the template name.
e.g. Individual Tax becomes zz_DO NOT USE Individual Tax - 2017 and prior
This will make the template you don't want staff to use appear at the bottom of the binder template list if staff attempts to add a binder from template because of how we altered the template name.
- Copied the renamed Binder Template by right clicking on it and choosing Copy. Give it the same name it had prior to renaming (example: Individual Tax). When copying a template this way you will also a notice a choice to assign a Binder Year. Leave Binder Year blank.
- Open the newly copied binder template and delete the folder(s) you don't want to use moving forward.
- The folder in question can be deleted the Binder Template in this case because the template is brand new and no production binders have been created based on it.
- The next time you make a Work Binder based on this template it will include the alterations you made.
- *This means you cannot roll forward the current year binders. If you roll them forward the new binders will have folders based on the prior year / template. You will need to create the new binders for the period in question one time by Adding them from the template you made and altered.
- Once you've copied binders one time from the new template you can go back to rolling them forward in future periods because they will be associated with the new binder.
- If you are unsure, feel free to attempt these steps once in a test client to see if the results are as you expect.
Please let us know if you have any questions or require assistance.
Filter Deleted Work Binders Out Of Reports
Select Universal Reporter from the Doc.It Dashboard Select a report that shows deleted binders Click the edit button at the top of the screen Scroll to the bottom of the current filter list in the middle area of the screen Click the green plus sign ...
How Do I Finalize Doc.It Work Binders?
Follow Instructions below, or download the Attached Finalize Procedure for Doc.It Work Binders.docx in this post / knowledge base article. Follow them. And keep them for your personal reference. Please contact Doc.It Support with questions by ...
How to Publish, Finalize, and Roll Forward Doc.It Work Binders
This article outlines the Doc.It Binder Shutdown Process. Covers the order of operation and the step necessary to publish, finalize and roll forward Doc.It Work Binders. Order of operations: 1. Publish 2. Finalize 3. Roll Forward ...
Add a new Binder Template
There are two ways to create a new Work Binder Template. 1. Create a new template from scratch in which case you have to manual build the folder structure. Follow the instruction below to do so. a. Login to Doc.It with a user account that has ...
Restore a deleted Work Binder
Instructions to restore a work binder that was previously deleted. When a Doc.It Work Binder is deleted from a client in the Doc.It system, the binder is not completely removed from the system. It is marked “Deleted” and made available to be purged ...