How do I create a stamp of my initials for use in the PDF Editor?
Method One - Stamps Palette
- 1 Open a blank MS Word document
- 2 Select a font
- 3 Select a font size (when I use Arial Bold I start with either 9
or 10 point)
- 4 Select a font color for your initials (I recommend
something other than black because it is used as background text)
- 5 Type your initials in the Word Document
- 6 Print the word document to your Doc.It 4 PDF Printer
- 7 When the PDF lands in your Doc.It Inbox, drag it to
your desktop so you can browse for it (in a step below)
- 8 Open any PDF other than the one you just put on your
- 9 In the PDF Editor
- Click the stamp tool
- Then click Stamps Palette at the bottom of the stamps
- Click once on the stamp collection name Signatures
above the prepared / reviewed / signed stamps
- Click the New From File button at the top of the
window to browse for the PDF you put on your desktop and click Open once
you've selected it
- There will be a section at the bottom of the window
that pops up that says New Stamp Options
- The stamp title field allows you to control what the
help / hover text will say when you move your mouse over the stamp
- The Target Collection field lets you choose which
collection of stamps in the stamps palette your new stamp will be placed
- Click OK
- Find your new stamp in the stamps palette, select it
by clicking once on it, then click somewhere on your PDF to check to see
how you like the color, size and font.
- If you wish to delete a stamp you've created, click
once on the stamp you wish to delete and then click the delete button at
the top of the window
- *** It is very important that you click only on the
stamp you wish to delete. If you click instead on the name of the stamp collection
(Standard, Signatures, Tickmarks) and do not click only on the specific
stamp you wish to delete, you may delete an entire stamp collection.
- If you wish to create another version of your stamp
with different properties (color, font, size), the steps outlined here can
Method Two - Document Menu
The steps above will place your stamp on the stamps
palette but your stamp will not lock or flatten by default. This means
anyone can move or remove it unless you right click on it and choose
"Flatten". **If you do flatten a stamp it cannot be unflattened or
- The alternate approach is to make the stamp as
described in the first seven steps above and then:
- Open a PDF
- Select the Document Menu at the top of the window,
then Signatures and Initials, and then Manage
- Clicking Add New - > Import from File will allow
you to browse for the PDF you created and saved to your desktop
- Once selected you will see a Signature Name field,
this allows you have help / hover text describing the stamp
- You'll also notice a password field that you can
enable such that nobody without the password would be able to use your
- Before using a password to further protect a stamp, consider that using it will be more click and type intensive due to needing to input the password.
- After you click OK, and then Close to get out of the
Manage Signatures & Initials window you can test applying the stamp
of your initials by:
- Clicking the Document Menu and then Signatures
Initials and then your new stamp
- Once your stamp is selected you can move your mouse
over the document and place your stamp
- The difference you'll notice between a stamp on the stamps palette vs one created this way, on the Document -> Signatures & Initials menu, is that this method will automatically pop up a reminder to
flatten your stamp after you apply it.
How to Resolve PDF Editor System configuration error
Good day Doc.It Users! You may experience the following error after your system has experienced a hard shut down. An example of this would be a power outage or any type of unplanned hard shutdown due to your system being unresponsive. This error can ...
How do I configure and use a digital signature?
Please find a PDF named "Doc.It Digital Signatures in PDF Editor.PDF" attached to this post. It provides an overview of Digital Signatures, how to configure one, and how to use them.
How to Distribute Custom-Made PDF Editor Stamps to all users
Note: This article does not delve into all the choices and possibilities of adding custom stamps or stamp collections, it is simply to show how to distribute them when completed. 1 - Open a document in Doc.It PDF Editor 4.5. 2 - Click on the arrow ...
How to change the stamp signature to not be your Windows login name
Procedure to Create a Custom Signature Stamp Navigate to the stamp within its destination folder on the local computer. Please note that the default folder is C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Stamps. Select the stamp ...
Doc.It PDF Editor 4.5 - Standard Tickmarks are Missing
Note: The items below only refer to Doc.It Suite 4.5. Please update from 4.0 before continuing Adding Standard Tickmarks on a Single Workstation 1. Download the PDF files below and copy them to the C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Tracker ...